(I’ve never been able to attend any of my high school class reunions. It wasn’t a deliberate choice – it just always seemed work or teaching issues got in the way. I thought that we’d make it this year for sure but then a late-breaking medical situation ruled the trip out and all I could do was give thanks that we hadn’t bought our airline tickets yet.
I’m still trying to stay involved by working on the preparations to include composing the text below which will be used for the main invitation. They’re going to set up an online presence so at least I’ll be able to see everyone, but for now I’m just hoping the horse will sing and we can make the trip in August)
- The Rolling Stones were playing sold-out concerts.
- Star Trek re-runs were playing on TV.
- The nation was involved in controversial conflict in Asia.
- I was looking forward to the future and my own jetpack.
- The Rolling Stones are still playing sold-out concerts.
- Star Trek re-runs are still playing on TV.
- The nation is involved in controversial conflict in Asia.
- …and I’m still waiting on that jetpack.
Fifty years went by in a flash leaving us all with the feeling that there is an eighteen year-old trapped inside our sixty-eight year-old bodies screaming “WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED”. Fortunately you will have the opportunity to compare notes with other “trapped eighteen year-olds” by attending the 50-year reunion of the KCHS graduating class of 1971.
- When is it happening? Saturday August 7th 2021 from noon until dark
- Where is it happening? Jeff & Carey Matranga’s place on Forest Lane, Soldotna
- Who’s invited? You and your families
- What’s going on? Potluck dinner, yard games, water games and socializing
Plans are brewing for a ZOOM/on-line presence and more information about food will follow. We also need help in getting the word out. In those fifty flashing years we’ve scattered all over the country and right now we’ve only reached about one-fourth of the class. Feel free to forward this notice or reply with the information and we’ll handle it here from reunion central.
Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org or (907)252-4640